Brooks’s

Brooks’s is one of the most exclusive gentleman’s clubs. It was founded in 1764 by 27 men, four of whom were Dukes and from its inception it was the meeting place for whigs of the highest order.

The original premises were in Pall Mall and were managed by William Almack, he then went on to form Almack’s Assembly Rooms in nearby Duke Street. The club is named after Almack’s successor, Brooks who only survived its rebuilding by 3 years. The current building in St. James’s Street was designed by Henry Holland and opened in 1778.

St James’s Street
London SW1A 1LN

+44 (0)20 7493 4411