City of London Club

The City of London Club was founded in 1832 by a group of prominent bankers, merchants and ship owners, who formed a committee, on 29th February of that year. The building of the Club-house commenced in January 1833 and finished early in 1834, being actually opened to members in May of the latter year.

Amongst the original Members of the Club in 1832, were two men whose names are landmarks in the history of this country, the Duke of Wellington and Sir Robert Peel, both of whom remained Members until they died. The Club is the oldest in the City of London and it maintains traditional values matched with an impressive range of modern facilities.

19 Old Broad Street
London EC2N 1DS