The Canning Club

The Canning Club began its life in London as the Argentine Club in 1910, a social club for those who had family, social or business connexions in Argentina. Many Anglo descendants came to Britain from all over Latin America to fight in the First and Second World Wars and enjoyed the Club as the only one in London with a Latin American ethos, so it was resolved to change the name to Canning Club, after George Canning, the statesman who fostered the independence of the Latin American colonies of Spain and Portugal. Today Club members all have some connexion with Latin America, including many of ambassadorial rank from the diplomatic corps in London.

No.4 St James’s Square,
London SW1Y 4JU

+44 (0) 20 7827 5757
club@theinandout.co.uk