Turf Club

The Turf Club was founded in 1861 as the Arlington Club, in Bennett Street, Piccadilly. It was while there that a committee of the Arlington, under the chairmanship of John Clay MP, drew up the laws of whist, officially sanctioned by the Portland Club in 1864.

In 1965, the Turf Club moved to its current home at Carlton House Terrace overlooking the Mall. Carlton House Terrace itself was designed and built by John Nash, the famous Regency architect, between 1827 and 1833.

5 Carlton House Terrace
London SW1Y 5AQ